Nail infections and fungal problems are a common mishap. Almost all of us have had to deal with this problem at some point in our lives.
Although the nail fungus can be a bother, it is surprisingly easy to treat. However, before you delve into the medicinal treatment for nail fungus, you need to consider the side effects that accompany these chemicals.
As an alternative, home remedy for foot fungus is popular and can be very effective.
Certain conditions predispose to nail infection and keeping them wet is one major factor. Hence, women are common victims of this problem.
Of course, home remedies provide a safer alternative to conventional medicine.
Therefore, here I describe 7 treatments for nail fungus that are sure to help you find your cure for toenail fungus.
Tea Tree Oil Combined With Epsom Salts
This may be the best treatment for toenail fungus.
Derived from Melaleuca Alternifolia, tea tree oil has a reputation for treating skin and nail infections and healing injuries that date back centuries.
For this reason and the fact that it yields immediate benefits, tea tree oil is still a great remedy for treating nail fungus.
- It has antiseptic and antibiotic properties that help to combat the fungus and provide efficacy that is comparable to standard antibiotic treatment.
- It also has healing properties that enhance regrowth and maintain the health of the nails.
How to use:
- Into a basin of warm water add a few drops of tea tree oil and a handful of Epsom salts.
- Mix them well and soak your feet in the mixture for about 20 min two times a day.
Coconut Oil Against Nail Infection
A reliable cure for toenail fungus is this nourishing coconut oil that houses a number of advantages.
- First and foremost, the oil has beneficial antioxidant properties that help cancel out the toxins produced by the fungus.
- Next, the oil also houses anti-fungal properties, making it extremely reliable for eradicating the fungus from your nails.
Clean the infected area and dry it well. Then rub the coconut oil onto the nail and the surrounding skin. Repeat the procedure twice a day.
This miraculous liquid has a plethora of benefits that make it a unique aid to every problem.
Also, its role in the treatment of toenail fungus is exemplary. This is because the fungus causes the pH of the skin to become alkaline.
However, the vinegar decreases the pH into the acidic zone which inhibits the fungus from growing.
Next, it is also an amazing health tonic which rejuvenates the nail bed and the surrounding skin.
How to use:
- Mix equal amount of apple cider vinegar and water into a bowl.
- Remove any dead nail with a nail clipper, be careful not to cut your skin.
- Soak the infected fingers for 30 min twice a day. Do not use the same mixture for more than one treatment.
Listerine Can Cure Your Toenail
Using a mouthwash on your nails is a bit odd, however, it has a number of promising ingredients that are vital for fungal toenail treatment.
- Firstly, it contains thymol, an effective fungicide.
- Next, it has Eucalyptol which is a nourishing essential oil with amazing healing and antifungal properties.
- Also, it contains salicylate that helps to shed dead skin cells, providing rapid cleansing.
Likewise the apple cider vinegar.
- Cut and file your nails
- Soak your toenail finger to a mixture of 50% water and 50% mouthwash for about 20 min.
- Repeat this procedure two times a day.
Garlic Is A Great Home Remedy For Nail Fungus
This vampire repelling root is a great treatment for toenail fungus.
- First and foremost, it has an anti-fungal effect that targets the culprit directly.
- Furthermore, it also has a supporting antimicrobial effect of supplementing the anti-fungal property.
You will be surprised by how well a clove can work to eradicate that fungus.
- Wash your feet well first.
- Crush a fresh garlic clove.
- Apply it onto the infected toenail and wash after 30 min.
- Do this every day till the fungus is killed.
Treat You Nail Infection With Cornmeal
We all know that a medicated soak works great for treating fungus. However, soaking in a cornmeal mush has its own beneficial properties also.
It purifies the skin and helps drain the toxins from the nails.
Hence, it is one of the relaxing nail treatments that you can try out.
How to use:
- Prepare the cornmeal mush – put a layer of about an inch cornmeal to a container that will fit your feet then pour an inch of hot water. Let it come to a mush.
- After an hour add some additional warm water to cover your feet and soak for an hour.
- Repeat this daily.
Honey Treatments Cure Toenail Fungus
This liquid gold is bursting with nutrition and goodness. No doubt, it contains a ton of benefits for nails also.
- Firstly, it has antioxidant properties that cancel out many of the damaging free radicals produced by the fungus.
- Secondly, it also has powerful antimicrobial properties that help eradicate the fungus for good.
- Apply a small spoonful of honey onto the infected toenail.
- Put a sterile gauze over the finger to keep the honey in place.
- After 20 min clean the toenail.
- Repeat this method twice a day.
All in all, these home remedies provide valuable means of toenail fungus cure.
Fungal nail infection treatment isn’t hard. However, you need to be consistent and thorough with the cure.
However, if you have a stubborn nail fungal infection which will not cure with home remedies, I highly recommend the ZetaClear anti-fungus solution.